手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 菜鳥自提櫃 > 小學英語 > 小學英語教材 > 英國原版語文課 > 英國原版語文第三冊 > 正文

英國語文第三冊(MP3+中英字幕) 第80期:孤兒的故事

來源:可可英語 編輯:max   VIP免費外教試聽課 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼可進行跟讀訓練
  下載MP3到電腦  [F8鍵暫停/播放]   批量下載MP3到手機

LESSON 68 The Orphan Boy's Tale

第六十八課 孤兒的故事

Stay, lady! Stay, for mercy's sake,

留下吧,夫人!留下吧,看在我這麼可憐的分上。
And hear a helpless orphan's tale;
聽聽一個無助孤兒的故事吧。
Ah! sure my looks must pity wake
啊!我的樣子一定能引起憐憫吧
'Tis want that makes my cheek so pale.
因為食不果腹,所以我雙頰蒼白。
Yet I was once a mother's pride,
但我曾經也是媽媽的驕傲,
And my brave father's hope and joy;
爸爸的希望和幸福所在,
But in the Nile's proud fight he died,
可是,在尼羅河戰役中,他犧牲了,
And I am now an orphan boy.
而我現在成了孤兒。
Poor foolish child! how pleased was I,
可憐的無知的孩子!我曾經多麼高興,
When news of Nelson's victory came,
當尼爾森的勝利傳來的時候,
Along the crowded streets to fly,
街上人頭湧動,
And see the lighted windows flame!
通亮的窗子明得耀眼!
To force me home my mother sought
而我媽媽則找我回家去

孤兒的故事

She could not bear to see my joy;

她忍受不了我的快樂;
For with my father's life 'twas bought,
因為這是用我爸爸的生命換來的,
And made me a poor orphan boy.
而我還成了孤兒。
The people's shouts were long and loud
人們的歡呼聲長久而激昂
My mother, shuddering, closed her ears;
我媽媽則戰粟着,捂上耳朵,
"Rejoice! rejoice!" still cried the crowd
“歡呼,歡呼!”人羣依然喊叫着
My mother answered with her tears.
媽媽用淚水來應對這些聲音。
"Oh, why do tears steal down your cheek,"
“哦,為什麼淚水流下了雙頰,”
Cried I, "while others shout for joy?"
我哭泣道,“而大家卻在快樂地歡呼着?”
She kissed me, and, in accents weak,
她吻了我,然後,低低地,
She called me her poor orphan boy.
她把我叫作她可憐的孤兒。
"What is an orphan boy?" I said,
“什麼是孤兒?”我説。
When suddenly she gasped for breath,
突然她深吸一口氣,
And her eyes closed; I shrieked for aid,
閉上雙眼;我尖叫着喊救命,
But, ah! her eyes were closed in death!
但是,啊,她雙目緊閉地去了!
My hardships since I will not tell;
我之後的悲慘遭遇不想講述了,
But now, no more a parent's joy,
但現在,不再有雙親的疼愛。
Ah, lady! I have learned too well
啊,夫人!我已經知道得太多
What 'tis to be an orphan boy!
究竟孤兒是什麼滋味了!
Oh, were I by your bounty fed!
哦,我能不能到您的領地去填飽肚子?
Nay, gentle lady, do not chide;
不,善良的夫人,不要責備我,
Trust me, I mean to earn my bread,
相信我,我一定會用勞動來換取麪包的,
The sailor's orphan boy has pride.
水手的遺孤有他的驕傲。
Lady, you weep: what is't you say?
夫人,您哭了:您説什麼?
You'll give me clothing, food, employ?
您會給我穿的、吃的,還會給我工作?
Look down, dear parents! look and see
天上的雙親啊,你們看看吧,看看吧,
Your happy, happy orphan boy.
你們這高興又幸福的孤兒。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
pride [praid]

想一想再看

n. 自豪,驕傲,引以自豪的東西,自尊心
vt

 
helpless ['helplis]

想一想再看

adj. 無助的,無依靠的

 
rejoice [ri'dʒɔis]

想一想再看

v. 使 ... 歡喜,高興

聯想記憶
sailor ['seilə]

想一想再看

n. 海員,水手,扁平的硬邊草帽

 
mercy ['mə:si]

想一想再看

n. 憐憫,寬恕,仁慈,恩惠
adj.

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,輕柔的,文雅的,温順的,出身名門的

 
flame [fleim]

想一想再看

n. 火焰,熱情
v. 燃燒,面紅,爆發

 
pity ['piti]

想一想再看

n. 同情,憐憫,遺憾,可惜
v. 同情,憐憫

 
employ [im'plɔi]

想一想再看

僱用,使用

 
發佈評論我來説2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。